28 July 2008

Alive yet not living


I'm alive yet I miss living.

In a few hours, it'll be Monday once more. Another day, another week. Another mundane life ahead. Some things have changed and I did felt excitement. But then again it revolved around work still. I am thankful for the blessings I have been receiving lately. And I know I'm not in the position to ask for more. Despite my shortcomings, I plea with the big guy way upstairs to have mercy.

I'm tired. I've been feeling exhausted lately. I don't smoke and I haven't gotten drunk in a long, long time. Still, I feel intoxicated with life's sorrows. I want to scream, I want to shout. I want everyone to know I'm not alright.

But they'll ask, "Why shouldn't you be?"

I have no answer aside from an annoying, “because…”. Yep, an ellipsis, my life has been full of those lately. I don’t know… I don’t know where to go… I don’t know where I should be or how things should be. But I’m still here, going through life. Alive yet not truly living.

I miss the party, I miss the companion. I miss the friends that are now seemingly from a distant world. It’s like I reside in a part of the earth where blocks of ice prevent people from enjoying the sunlight or appreciating the stars and the moon above. It’s unfair but then maybe it is I who tips the scale.

I miss how my own sweat drizzled from my forehead and blocked my vision temporarily. Because I know that the moment I pull my shirt against it, something awaits – a ball soaring waiting to be caught, another dance move waiting to be learned. Life was beautiful and life should stay that way. Getting high, that’s what I miss most. And there’s nothing more exhilarating than the elevation I get when I push myself, when I’m in haste.

But for now, I live this dogged life. Never changing, never exciting. Oh, it’s Monday already. Cool.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey it's okay feeling that way sometimes, however it is a different story if it seems your life running that way for like, mmmm, months? Anyway keep doing the good stuffs and for sure, things will be okay. Looking forward to your next vacation. Arg, we both need that! At least, you are earning...^.^